Troop Meeting Equipment
- Class A Uniform
- Boy Scout Handbook, pen or pencil, and paper – bring these to all Scout events!
Overnight Campout Equipment
Troop meeting equipment plus:
- Clothing appropriate to the weather. Anticipate plus or minus 20 degrees from the forecast.
- Sleeping bag (3 lb. or 3-l/2 lb. for spring, summer and fall. Heavier for winter)
- Ground cloth or pad (e.g. Thermarest or Ridgerest) to provide insulation from the ground.
- Pack gear in a soft bag or a tote. Please do not bring camp boxes or suitcases on monthly camp-outs.
- Class B Uniform
- Sweatshirt or hoodie
- Jeans/pants or shorts
- PJs – top, bottom & socks
- Long sleeve shirt
- Poncho or rain suit
- Boots (waterproofed with Camp Dry or similar). Tennis shoes are not recommended.
- Mess kit (individual) or plastic bowl and cup. Knife, fork and spoon.
- Canteen or water bottle
- Scout pocket knife (no longer than three inches, and no sheath knives)
- Flashlight with extra batteries and bulb, or wind-up
- Toilet kit (toothpaste, brush, soap and towel)
- Bug repellent and sun screen
Optional Camping Equipment
- Backpack (Third-Year Scouts and above)
- Personal first aid kit
- Thermal Blanket (may be used when the sleeping bag is too light for the weather)
- Troop-approved camp box with lock (for summer camp only)
- Collapsible stool without a back. (Only adults Eagle Scouts, and Life Scouts can use chairs with backs!)
- Food money, when appropriate
Cold Weather Camping
Places to buy equipment
Official Scout equipment
- The troop has a large supply of quality used Scout uniforms that can be purchased for a reasonable price at meetings. All proceeds go to the troop.
- The Heart-of-America Council Scout Office
10210 Holmes Road Kansas City, MO 64131-4212 816-942-9333 1-800-776-1110 816-942-8086 (Fax) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nill Brothers Team Sports in Overland Park, Lenexa, Olathe, and KCK
- Boy Scouts of America Official Online store
- Mickeyssurplus in KCK (Camp Boxes)
Class B Uniforms
Class B Uniforms are sold by the troop at troop meetings.