Advancement Coordinator – Shelle Lewis or Katie Schatte
If you have a question please email them via the contacts page
Questions? Contact the advancement chair.
Note if you have earned a new rank in 2015 please be sure to reference the UPDATED 2016 requirements for advancement as you will need to complete these instead of what is in your older scout book. Click on the link above for printable insert to add to your existing book.
- Read pages 54-65 in your Boy Scout Handbook for an overview.
- Complete and have each requirement signed and dated by a Troop Leader (Adult or First Class or higher Ranked Scout.)
- Request a Scoutmaster conference with a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster.
- Present yourself in full uniform and bring your handbook to the scheduled Scoutmaster Conference.
- Request a Board of Review with the Advancement Coordinator by presenting your handbook showing requirements signed off and Scoutmaster Conference completed.
- Present yourself in full uniform and bring your handbook to the scheduled Board of Review. The Board of Review will be with three to six adults in the Troop that are not Scoutmasters.
- Read pages 16-39 in your Boy Scout Handbook.
- Complete Items on Checklist on page 17 in your Boy Scout Handbook.
- Request a Scoutmaster conference.
- Wear your full uniform and bring your handbook to the Scoutmaster conference.
Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class Ranks (Scout Skills)
- Tenderfoot pages 432-433 in your Boy Scout Handbook
- Second Class pages 434-435 in your Boy Scout Handbook
- First Class pages 436-437 in your Boy Scout Handbook
Star, Life, and Eagle (Leadership, Community Service, and Merit Badges)
- Star page 438 in your Boy Scout Handbook
- Life page 439 in your Boy Scout Handbook
- Eagle pages 440-441 in your Boy Scout Handbook
Resources for earning Life to Eagle rank
- Eagle Board of Review Guidelines
- Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
- Eagle Scout Letter of Reference
- Eagle Scout Rank Application
- Eagle Scout & Certificate Return Information
Recognition of Rank
- Scouts will receive the Rank patch at the Troop meeting following the Board of Review.
- Formal recognition will be given at the next Court of Honor.